Sunday, September 16, 2012

Someone asked me why should they learn drums.  I responded that learning drums is a way to express yourself musically, creatively and in an abstract way.  Most pursuits in life are grounded in chasing pragmatic fears and concerns.  With musical expression, I feel that we can escape from the world in a most positive way and immerse ourselves in a skill and expression that awakens the place where our dreams come from.

Learning drums and playing drums has had that effect on me and I play drums as a discipline and also as a way to not let the everyday concerns of the world swallow me up.  When I teach drums, my students notice that time goes very quickly and that not only have they learned something special, but that they have had a holiday from themselves, and life; essentially playing without fear or concern like a child.

Visit  www.westlondon-drumtutor.com

from west london drum tutor, drum lessons in Harrow, Greater London, UK

No comments:

Post a Comment