Wednesday, October 10, 2012

I have found that the fact of stick control and the lack of simple competency let alone mastery, is something that always needs work when I sign up a new student.  I spend weeks just breaking down bad habits arising through laziness or poor instructions.  But the results are very pleasing when the student and I smash the shackles of poor stick holding technique.

So, hold your stick very gently in the middle of your hand, grip the stick with the side of your thumb and index finger with the other fingers hanging very relaxed underneath the stick.

I will be publishing videos to elucidate these simple but important instructions.

Check www.westlondon-drumtutor.com for more information and excellent drum kit articles.

from west london drum tutor, drum lessons in Harrow, Greater London, UK

No comments:

Post a Comment